7/19: GPUG Academy – Introduction To Management Reporter
Instructor-led training on-line!
If you haven’t started thinkng about migrating to Management Reporter, it’s time! If you haven’t heard, support for FRx will be ending, so now is a good time to plan out your implementation of MR. Don’t miss this content packed class and get ready to implement MR at your organization. This course is open to any GP user.
This course will focus on introducing and demonstrating the concepts of Management Reporter to users who are new to the product. The class will start with a brief demonstration, and then move on to an overview of building blocks and navigation. We will step through creating a trial balance and detailed income statement. Next, take the design process a step further and see how Reporting Trees add power and flexibility to your reporting process. Last, use the skills you have learned to do Side by Side Reporting. This training utilizes Report Design in Management Reporter 2.0 for Microsoft Dynamics ERP training materials.
• Understand Management Reporter product functionality.
• Able to create Row, Column and Reporting Tree definitions in accordance with best practice guidelines
• Avoid common self-taught pitfalls
• Navigate and organize building blocks
• Prepare Report Definitions and change run time options
• Set up Management Report Library structure
• Produce financial reports such as a Trial Balance, Income Statement, Expense analysis, and Departmental Reports including side by side reports
Instructor: Derek Krebs, MSX Group
Audience: GP Finance, Support, or Analyst
Prerequisites: An understanding of accounting principles and experience designing financial reports.
Preparation: The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent one to two days prior to class. Students have the option of connecting to the class via conference call or VOIP. If using VOIP, a headset with a microphone is strongly recommended. If your instructor will use the hands-on training environment you will receive a separate email with the setup instructions, and a dual monitor is strongly recommended to facilitate navigation.
Delivery Method: Group Internet-based
CPE Credits: By participating in this class you are eligible to earn up to 6 CPE credits. You must request CPE credit via the class survey, which will be distributed after class. The survey will be open for 30 days, after which it will be closed and you will not be able to request credit. Your CPE certificate will be sent via email approximately 2 weeks after the survey is closed. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
The GPUG Academy offers the unique ability to learn from recognized experts while sitting at your own desk. Most classes leverage an instructor-led learning environment coupled with hands-on training. You can practice the content and apply the curriculum immediately, instead of just watching. Classes are conducted with a combination of a conference call/VOIP, and a remote desktop connection. If your instructor uses this environment, the detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent a day prior to class. Because of the advanced setup required, if you register the day of the class, you may experience a delay getting connected and starting the class. We will strive to get you connected to the class as quickly as we can.
Note: Preview Members are not eligible for the Premium Member discount.
To maintain an optimal training environment, each person attending the class is required to register separately. If more than one attendee per registration participates, their organization will be billed for the additional attendees. With registration, you agree to the terms related to Distance Learning classes as included here. Instructor and/or agenda are subject to change.
Basic Membership Cost: $369.00
Premium Membership Cost: $279.00
- GPUG Academy – Introduction to Management Reporter (Jul 2013)
07/19/2013 11:00 AM (ET) – 07/19/2013 05:00 PM (ET)
- Derek Krebs: Derek has over 20 years of experience in the fields of accounting, finance and business intelligence software. Prior to becoming a partner and senior consultant with the MSX Group in 2009, Derek spent 11 years consulting at FRx Software and Microsoft where he implemented financial reporting, budgeting, and business intelligence software at over 200 clients world-wide and trained over 5000 end users. In addition, Derek has a MBA education and 6 years experience as a staff accountant and financial analyst where he gained expertise in financial accounting, GL closes, auditing, budgeting and reporting.