Business Process Change: Out with the Old, In with the New?
In our personal lives and in our work lives, there are times when choosing to replace old habits, when we choose change…often with trepidations. And there are times when we choose to engage in new, unfamiliar situations because there is a promise of future benefits.
Business Process Change is one of those situations. And I’m here to tell you that:
- If change feels threatening, you’re not alone.
- Approach change with care. Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater!
- Business Process Change is not just about change. It’s also about process.
If your business is running like a well-oiled machine, you probably don’t need Business Process Change. Don’t be lured into change merely for the sake of change.
Still, I must ask: How many of us could boldly, blithely state that every aspect of our business is running smoothly? I’d like to meet that person!
5 Telltale Signs that You Should Be Embarking on Business Process Change
- You have systems that don’t talk to each other.
- Employees are wasting their time on repetitive, manual tasks.
- You’ve cobbled together disparate processes as the need arose, but the solutions are kludgy.
- You’ve developed workarounds for processes that weren’t working properly. But if you were, to be honest, you would agree that those workarounds are Band-Aids, not long-term solutions.
- Your projects consistently fail to come in on time and on budget.
Can Business Process Change fix all that? Actually, yes, it can.
But before you embark on Business Process Change…
- Get buy-in from your employees.
- Help them understand that change will pave a path to being better at what they do.
- Take stock of what’s working and what isn’t.
- Set clear goals for what you want to achieve.
- Make sure you don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.
The Future Is Now
Business Process Change will likely involve the automation of manual tasks. Today, given rapidly emerging and evolving technologies, that could include the new kid on the block, namely RPA (Robotic Process Automation). RPA tools are a step beyond traditional automation applications. And RPA can be applied not just in manufacturing and distribution, but in your back office as well.
Change can be good. It can even be great. The team of business process experts at Tidestone Solutions is standing by to bring the benefits of Business Process Change to your company.
Contact us today by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or just pick up the phone and call Tidestone at 207.761.2133.