Microsoft Dynamics GP : 6 Tools to Enhance Your Experience
First, let’s get the names of the product and the partner straight.
Back then, Microsoft Dynamics GP didn’t exist. But its predecessor, Great Plains Software did.
Back then, Tidestone Solutions didn’t exist. But its predecessor Gilchrist Scott did.
Shakespeare, aka The Bard, aka The Bard of Avon wrote: “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” Because what’s in a name? And by whatever names were used back in 1988, the fact is that Tidestone Solutions has been implementing and supporting Microsoft Dynamics GP for 30 years. And based on those 3 decades of intimate experience with GP for ERP, Tidestone has developed 6 top-drawer tools to enhance your Microsoft Dynamics GP experience.
6 Tidestone Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- DEPLOYMENT TOOL – Allows IT departments to easily deploy third-party ISV products, customizations, and dictionary files to all Dynamics GP workstations from one console. The tool uses an Active Directory Computer OU to group workstations with GP installed and a file repository to deploy files to the correct place in the Dynamics GP install folder.
- COMPANY REFRESH TOOL – It’s designed to allow Accounting Managers and Power users to take a backup of a Dynamics GP Company database and restore it into a test company avoiding the need for IT departments to be called for the task. The tool can be used on any SQL database, not just Dynamics GP.
- JOURNAL ENTRY MACRO – It’s similar to the new functionality in GP which enables the user to copy and paste a journal entry from Excel, but ours allows you to maintain the formatting of your Excel document. By simply clicking a button in GP the transaction entry window is populated with the details of your journal entry.
- BANK TRANSACTION MACRO – Provides a template that is imported into the Bank Transaction Entry window. Simply select the type of transaction and checkbook in the template, add the details (Paid To/Received From, GL accounts, etc.), and you can import with the click of a button. This is especially valuable for recurring transactions as the Dynamics GP Bank Rec module does not offer batching capabilities!
- AP TRANSACTION MACRO – Designed for the Payables Transaction Entry window. It takes the data from an Excel (.csv) file and imports it into the transaction window. This tool is a great time saver for those vendor invoices (credit card statements, and more) that have multiple expense items and are distributed across many cost centers and GL accounts.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AGING TOOL – Provides detailed activity by client in a report that includes extensive data and phenomenal flexibility. Find out more.
Each tool is available at a reasonable fixed price.